Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Wishing Game

They say you can tell a lot about a person by what they wish for.

I just made that up.  But it sounds good.
After breakfast we all sat around the kitchen table and played the wishing game.  It goes something like this...

Mom:  I wishhhhhhhhhhhhh...I was a dolphin that rescued people that were shipwrecked and I would swim in the ocean like this  using hands to demonstrate great leaping arcs.


Big Sis:  I wish I lived on an island with exotic animals and I could train them to do tricks

Big Brother:  I wish I was an actor.

Little Brother:  I wish I had a big pool with a trampoline in the middle.

Little Britches:  I wish I was a strong, strong, Skateboard Guy that does tricks.

We decided we got four wishes each and we took turns going around the table.   Here are the rest of their wishes.  I didn't snap pics at the table, so here are ones from later that day so you can know who's who:


 I wish I were a Super Hero.
I wish I were the world's best Skateboarder.



(Sorry, we were at the park and this is his: It's time to go home?! face).
I wish I had a barn with one of every animal in the world in it. And I could feed treats to them.
I wish my friends could live in my barn with me and all the superheroes.
I wish I had my own pet wolf.  (Could of skipped this if he referred to item #1)


(This is his: I'm too sad about leaving the park to look at the camera! face).
I wish I was a strong, strong, skateboard guy that does tricks.
I wish a was a strong, strong, skateboard guy that does tricks and I had four friends.
I wish I was a strong guy that breaks out the window with a gun and I shot the robber, the bad guy.
I wish I had a pet snake with a big yard that he likes and I can pet him and he's really nice and he comes on my neck.



I wish I lived on 20 acres with horses and I could train them and ride them.
I wish I ran an endangered species breeding reserve.

And then she trumped all the wishes with her last one:  I wish I could walk with God.
An involuntary delightful tremor ran through all of us because we knew she meant "walk with God" like Adam and Eve used to walk with Him in the garden, in the cool of the evening.  And we knew she'd picked a wish that could not be outdone.
Wouldn't it be cool we thought, for Him to take us all over the world and show us His favorite places that He created?  Majestic vistas and secret waterfall gardens?

We all decided we couldn't wait 'til heaven.

2 comments:

Cherie said...

Wow! I wish I could "walk with God" too.

I Love this post!

Betsy said...

Beautiful thought to take to sleep with me!
Good night!
I hope to dream of Jesus showing me around my mansion and all the cool features He put in it just for me, 'cause He knows what I really love!


unlega - Yo tengo unlega, since one got gangrene and had to be cutawaya.
(okay, I know that's sick, but it's the best I could do. I had to try and do SOMEthing with a word like that!)