Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What You Don't See

I've been using my exerciser...




As a clean laundry basket.  It's officially called an "Ab Lounge", but I've christened it "What Happens When Momma Gets Sick".   I keep meaning to get to folding and putting away those four loads of laundry, but my lungs would rather sit on the couch and watch Band of Brothers with Daddy.  And while I sit the pile grows. (That could be an axiom of motherhood--While you sit, the pile grows--it applies to a lot in life. I'm pretty sure I've read it in Proverbs.).  Little brother actually did wad and put away one load.  So what you see is only three loads. I was so proud of him.  
Any of you reading that are under 40, I'm getting inklings that I've posted this flavor of post before but my brain can't dig up that file. So, I apologize for the repeat.  And everyone over 40, just blink and move on.

Hey, as long as we're on the subject of what you don't see in perfect-family-blog-land,  here are some reject shots we couldn't use for the new header:

"Scooter is biting my glove, he's biting my glove--DAISY--look over here guys--she NOSED me--wait --I can't fit--Quick! Take the picture, take the picture..."


NO, NO, No tasting of bunnies!





This isn't a reject shot.  This is what I wish for every mom who is 6-loads-of- laundry-behind.  First, the perseverance and encouragement that only He can supply, and next I wish you soft, warm, bunny hugs. It'll cure what ails ya'.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Photography is like thrift store shopping, you have to go through a lot of rejects to find the one that is just right!

4HMom said...

I liked this post so much I copied it and sent it to Renee, again. She LOVES it when I do that, and she keeps asking me for the link. Hope she finally uses it!