Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Mean Mom

Because I am a Mean Mom and make my kids eat things like fresh ground whole wheat flour that we mill ourselves, once in a while I make up for it by serving this for lunch:



To the uninitiated, "Timbits" are doughnut holes.
Canadians don't eat them for breakfast.
Or lunch.

But we do.
I think they are more of a dessert or snack item.  Officially.


But today, they are lunch.


Is that okay with you, Sawyer?


Looks okay with Tristan.

I'm not worried about the nutritional value, because I know later that I can go back to being a Mean Mom and giving them their cod liver oil.


Cod Liver Oil that has been fermented.  And flavored with licorice to improve the taste.
You think I jest...


The kids are quite familiar with it--
"Okay, kids. Doughnut break is over, line up for Cod Liver Oil..."








1 comments:

H said...

I can still remember the taste of it....can't stank it.