Monday, July 13, 2009

The First Few Minutes at Our House..


This is what four children sound like first thing in the morning. None of these words are mine, I'm just sitting here typing as fast as I can:

"I'm sick, I have a sort.-- What's a sort? You mean a sore throat?-- What's for breakfast?-- Can I have a Popsicle?-- Did the bunny die?-- Mom, mom, mom, mom, today is Harrison Ford's birthday and he's 67.-- Don't touch! Mom, Sawyer is touching my toys again, with greasy hands!-- Mom, I want to hear that song about the guitar again.-- He's calling me a Boogerbeast. You're not allowed to say that! GO see Mom!-- Mom, can I make lemonade?-- Mom, what's for breakfast?--Shake a paw, good Dog!--Why does he have goggles on?--Whoo, whanga-banga!--Can you do mine first? With this black pen, okay?--Sawyer, I can make this door hit the wall, can you?--And I want it to be a sunrise--I'll do it while you're at the dentist. Cuz United, United, United breaks guitars!"

If I could spell all of the sound effects it would be more authentic. Insert various snorts, clicks, car sounds, snatches of songs and a good amount of whistling and you've got our house before breakfast.

5 comments:

Betsy said...

I LOVE this post!!!

hylytylr said...

Haha. Hilarious. I love it. Who said "I have a sort?"

Missy said...

That was Sawyer. He insists it's a "sort" and nothing else.

Darlene said...

I love this post, too. So I guess my kids are normal.

Alicia said...

makes me want a house full :)