Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The House Made From Scratch...


My friend Eva trained with a Master Potter and took us to his magical house. Everywhere you turned there was something unexpected.
.

This is how he displayed his work.
.

.

He made his house from scratch, from wood and windows that nobody wanted anymore. Those discarded items are now a happy home.
.

The whole place was really condusive to creating. It made you want to draw on your inspiration...
.

Unless you were a kid, then you just wanted to run through the clean laundry to catch up with the big guys....
.

Who were down at the pond catching frogs.
.

They probably ran right by these mossy steps,
.

I bet they didn't even notice this outhouse from a fairytale. I'm not sure how an outhouse would enter into a fairy tale but I know it would look like this one.
.

And what about the Hansel and Gretel chickens? We call them that because they live in a place....
.

Like this.
.

This is the first time I ever thought I might like being a chicken.
.

There was a nice big garden.
.

And at the base of the apples trees the owner made a fruit catcher with little valleys so the fruit that fell wouldn't spoil from dampness or pests. Inventive, to say the least.
.

This is his wheel, where the magic takes place.
.

And part of his display studio.
While we were enjoying all this, and the boys were catching frogs...
.

The girls were strolling. It was the perfect place to stroll.
Not hike or simply walk.
Maybe meander.
.

If you strolled in the right direction you came upon this view. But with more lake and no wires. I had to take this as a parting shot from our van.
Ahh, reality settles in quickly when you have to leave a magical place like that one.
.

Once school starts up again and life gets overwhelming, someone please remember this post if I'm found in the corner muttering "I want to be a chicken, just a chicken..."

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Wow! That's all I've got to say.

Except my word for today is:
mywawa

That says it, too!!

Missy said...

lllllllllllllll mywawa! I love it.

Darlene said...

The Enchanted Chicken Coop! That whole place was enchanting. Loved the strolling pic. I want one of his teapots with a whole set of cups for green tea (or Earl Grey).

I've heard "mywawa!" in my house a few times.