Thursday, July 23, 2009

I'll Be Waiting...


We rode bikes to the neighborhood ice cream store with Sawyer. Tristan and Greyson were busy swimming at a friend's house.
.

Sawyer got his cone first and then stood patiently by the door while Daddy and Mommy placed orders. His patience wore thin and he headed outside, throwing "I'll be waiting" over his shoulder at us.
.

What makes him think he's 25? The ice cream ladies got a good laugh and said "Can you believe that?"
.

Yes, we can believe it. We've lived with this 25 year old for five years now.
My knee was busted, so I had to drive the van there and back while they biked. When I got home after them I found Sawyer waiting just like this, until he saw me again.
He loves to wait out front for people that are on their way home.
Near or far, my heart yearns for that boy.

1 comments:

Betsy said...

I would love to see him waiting there for ME!