Saturday, January 23, 2010

How to Use Your Garage

I've joined the ranks.

You may have heard me say before that Canadians do not use their garages for cars.  Despite the -22 degree weather.
I don't know what they use their garages for, but we've found a new use for ours:


Turns out, it's a great place to skateboard.  Here's a portrait of Tristan and some loose wiring.  I'm going to call it:  "Tristan and Loose Wiring".
Have you ever noticed that works of art can sound a lot like recipe names?

Potato Leek Soup with Rosemary.  Early Morning Sunrise with Daisies.

In a perfect world you could paint your recipe and use the name for both.

Par-boiled Pears with Caramel Sauce at Sunrise.




The garage is just big enough to fit a ramp to practice on.  The name of this movie is "Stuck".  Movies have much simpler titles.






And some movie titles are representative, i.e. "Chariots of Fire".
Maybe I'll call this one:
"Absence of Van".

It's only taken me 8 years to figure out that the garage makes a great winter playground.

0 comments: