Sunday, March 29, 2009

This Is Gonna Get Me in Trouble....

My American friends, I have something shocking to reveal to you. Some of you might already know, if you've ever been outside of America.

Moving to Canada was the first time I was ever outside of my beloved U.S. of A. and I was quite surprised to learn that people who are NOT Americans find us,


well,


loud and rude.


I'm sorry! I'm really, really, sorry. But that's what they tell me.


If you have trouble understanding the accusation, watch this video that I took while the kids and I were out in the backyard enjoying the mud and warmth of a quiet Canadian springtime afternoon....speakers up for full effect



If you can hear them from 9000 feet away, can you imagine the cacophony at close range?

I think this is kind of what the Canadians (and they would argue, the rest of the world) are thinking we Americans are like. So I have an open question to you Canadians: Why are they called Canadian Geese?

2 comments:

Trisha said...

As a Canadian, I like to think the Americans named them. You know in retaliation for calling YOU loud? Maybe???? Seriously, if I'm not mistaken, they DO spend most of their time in the USA and are only called Canada Geese because they breed here.

Missy said...

lllllllllllllllllllllll