Sunday, February 8, 2009

When Today is Tomorrow Night

"What is today?" Sawyer asked happily.

"Saturday." I answered as I folded the laundry.

"Is it tomorrow night?" he continued, trying to clarify his question.

"Is what?"

"Is it tomorrow night?"

"No, it's today, tomorrow night is tomorrow night. I don't understand what you are asking."

"Oh." he mumbled, a little disappointed.

"Honey, what is it that you want?" I asked, anxious to get to the heart of the matter.

"I just want to know if it's a special day."

And then it all becomes clear. I should have known, everything special in a kid's life happens "tomorrow", or "tomorrow night". It's all that waiting they have to do. Poor little things!

Well, the baby bunbuns may be coming tomorrow and Tristan's birthday is Tuesday. So on THOSE days I can wake up Sawyer and say, "Sawyer, it's tomorrow night today!"
Here is Sawyer on just a regular ol' day. But let's take a closer look, shall we? Mismatched socks, the notorious toe-hole, his self-proclaimed 'basketball' shorts that he begged me to drag out in the middle of winter because he needed them "to do special jump-rope tricks", and lastly, his homemade race car on it's virgin flight down the stairs. Yep, Sawyer can make any ol' day, tomorrow night.

1 comments:

4HMom said...

SUCH a sweet post. LOVED it.

"fortaw" Much of the time, from now on, I'm just going to tell you what my word for verification is. That's entertaining enough, don't you think? "fortaw" "fortaw" "fortaw"