Thursday, February 5, 2009

NOT a Big Hit...

I made Spicy Thai Basil Stir-Fry. It elicited such a chorus of complaints from Greyson that he was reminded of the complainer's alternative: bread and water. Tristan took one look at his plate and asked cheerfully, "Can I have bread and water?"
.
McKenna added, "Can I just eat nothing 'til breakfast?"
.
In a strange reversal of events, Mom and Dad decided the best way to teach thankfulness was for everyone to eat Spicy Thai Basil Stir-Fry.

Here's the clean plate, with homemade Molasses Crinkles and milk for dessert.

4 comments:

Cherie said...

I think it looks yummy...and I like your dishes.

(I must confess...it's not as much fun leaving a comment when you can't read other comments right away. Sometimes I can't get back to the blog the same day, and I hate missing the witty comments from others...but that's just me) :)

My word is resses...lots of resses peanut butter cups?

Missy said...

I never thought about that. I'm going to try to turn off moderation and see how it goes because I think you are right, Cherie.

Missy said...

Thanks about the dishes. My sister-in-law sent them as a surprise in a big Christmas box. They are a Home and Garden Party brand and she used to be a hostess. That was a FUN Christmas!

Cherie said...

Missy,

You are so sweet to even consider what I said...thank you!

Your kids are lucky...what a fun family to grow up in!