Friday, February 6, 2009

What Has Them So Entertained?

Did you play this game when you were little?

It's called Avalanche. My big brother Dan found it on EBay for me (because like everything else that fills a unique niche of satisfaction in life, they stopped making it).
.

I'm passing it down to the next generation, thanks to a loving big brother.
I can see the makings of a Dan in Greyson even now: A merciful spirit, the kind that asks, "Can I take their punishment?" when a sibling has to miss out. Or, "You can have mine" when there's not enough brownies left in the pan. I take no parental credit, these are the wroughtings of God, passed down from generation to generation.

4 comments:

Cherie said...

I remember that game...we had it too and it was such fun! What a wonderful brother you have.

A game that we always liked was "Jarts". It was also known as Lawn Darts. They quit making it because they said it was "dangerous". I mean...what could be more dangerous than croquet or horse shoes?

Betsy said...

Greyson will make an excellent leader one day. And a great husband and father, too!

Harrison said...

I can't wait to come visit. Me, Vika, Sawyer, and Fluffy can play avalanche!

Missy said...

lllllllllllllllllll