Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Sledding Hill


Wanna go sledding?
.

Come on, let's go!
.

Ready? READY? Here we go....here---we--
.
......GOOOOOOOOOOOO!
.
Sledding involves a lot of climbing...
.
But if you're lucky, big brother will pull your sled for you.
.
So you can do this!
.

and this,
.
and this,
.

and this!
.
And sometimes.....

this.
.

You can go down double,


Or stall on the side.
.

You can wipe out at the bottom.
.
And when it's time to go....

You can slide like Superman all the way to the parking lot.
.

Sometimes your sled may get a little awkward to handle...
.
But big brother can come back and give you a ride to the car.




The helpful big brother.


The help-ee.
.


Sledding brings out such a rosy-cheeked glow of happiness.
.

Unless you're still smarting from an unfortunate marriage of knee to noggin.

4 comments:

Cherie said...

Such happy faces! Did mom get to go sledding also?

(My word is "cable". I've never had a real word before.)

Missy said...

I was too chicken. When did I start being chicken?

Cherie said...

hummm...maybe when you realized "things" break; and 5 people are counting on you to take care of their breaks???

I would love to go skiing again till I remember some of the spills I took at Mammoth and Tahoe. It's a wonder I'm still alive! Do you remember going to Mammoth with us one year? I think you came with Laura Survant. (That's Todd's sister-in-law)

Missy said...

oh my goodness, yes! I remember that! How is she? And yes, you are right, now I KNOW how bad it can be. I can't believe I survived my spills either.