Friday, May 22, 2009

Why Grandma's House is So Fun....

I'm here, I'm here! Don't forget me!
Sorry for the unexplained absence. We took a last-minute trip down to Grandma's house and I've had a hard time trying to get the posts done with different programs. But now we're good. Except it's still a little clunky working with programs-not-my-own, so I'm going to make one big monster post instead of short snippets like usual. So. Here we go!

This is What's Going On Here....



Grandpa got a John Deere.


Sawyer saw it.
He loved it.


So he drove it.
(video to come. We just waited 4 hours for it to upload and now it's missing. Despair was foisted upon me most unexpectedly.)
.

Where is everyone else?


Ahhhhhhh, Climbing trees. Grandma's yard is full of them.





In all sizes.


Grandma's yard is full of flowers....


and chickens (stone chickens, but still) ...


and filtered sunlight...


and hiding places...




Because, after all, one must spend one's time wisely at Grandma's house


There's a truck to look cool jumping out of...


Or not so cool.
But Greyson's hokey cowboy stance can be forgiven because....


He is the best worker.


Look at these hard workers.
Hey, what are you guys doing? Don't you know there's work to be done?


Daddy's on the rototiller.



(This picture had been removed per subject's request, and we love her
so we won't share her beauty with you if she doesn't want us to.)




Grandma's hoeing dirt. Put that together and you could have a country song.
cue banjo music "Ohhhhh, Daddy's on the rototiller, Grandma's hoin' dirt! Grandad's got a prickly cactus stuck inside his shirt....
sorry.

I'll leave you with the way we start every morning. Because my children are all in desperate need of haircuts and this is as good as it gets:



This is what invariably happens---

"Mom! I DID comb my hair!"

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Grandma and Grandpa's place looks like SO much fun!!! Lots of memories will be made there! Oh, I cannot wait to be a grandma...

Love the green grass and trees!

Missy, that's a mighty fine country tune! I think you've got something there.

Darlene said...

Your kids are RICH to have a grandparents' place like that to go to! Just think of all the stories they'll be able to tell their children some day.

Cherie said...

Did you hear that Steve and his kids are moving back here with us? I'm so glad that they will be able to enjoy Papa and Nana's house for as long as they want! I get homesick to see all my kiddos when I read your blog. Soon I'll have pictures of kids to add to mine!
Did I tell you I'm excited!!!?

Missy said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! I am SO happy for you, it's going to be such a blessing for you and for them!