Monday, May 11, 2009

I Clean My Counters Often...


Yes, I do.
.

This is permissible today.
.

Why are dirty shoes on the counter while he rummages around in the cupboard?
.

He's looking for just the right candle.
For the Mother's Day Cake.
"I found it! The 4, it's sparkly."
Four would be fitting, since that's the offspring count. But his siblings threw a big protest and we ended up with four separate candles instead....


I found this Mother's Day snapshot quite fitting upon examination. It tells a story---you may have baked the cake, cleaned the room you're in, cut the hair on the heads around you, washed the clothes you see in front of you, even purchased the platter the cake is on, but it's not about you, is it? It's really all about the ones you love. That's why you do it.
And you can die to self daily and consider this service a privilege--
Because of what He first did for you.

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Her children rise up and bless her

Cherie said...

I wish my grandchildren could have had a mother like you. Your children are truly blessed!

How nice that you were with Heather. :)

Missy said...

Aw, that may be the nicest comment I've ever seen.