Thursday, May 7, 2009

She's My Playdough


This is her. This is the one that should be my own personal Playdough to squeeze and pat, and to hug and knead, and to take long inhaling breaths of the top of her head.
But she won't have it.
She's past the age of mindless baby compliance when they don't care WHO has them.
Now, she knows.
And I have not been granted admittance.
.

So I have to be content to watch.
And wait.
Because before she leaves this house, her chewy chubby cheeks are MINE.


I can be patient because I have a Sawyer who makes breakfast.


And who makes good use of baby toys.
.

Tristan and a couple of rabbits help me bide my time as well.
It's not like there's a shortage of big fat cheeks around here.

1 comments:

Hayley Hays said...

I love that look you captured in the first picture. It shows Georgie's TRUE monkeyness.

Catfir---a type of tree that grows in the Netherlands whose extremely fine pine needles have a fancy way of resembling cat fur.