Thursday, May 14, 2009

I Want to be a Bunny....

Scooter and I have a lot in common.

This looks good to me.

I want a deep, dark hole to hide my head in.

With nothing but my big fat haunches left to see.

Maybe not that part

Today is a day where it seems there’s just too much laundry,

Too much cleaning,

Too much schoolwork

Too many fingerprint forms to fill out. (Like so many of us could say)

Too many “I-needs”:

Mom, I need help, there are 4 and you can’t take 9 away!

Mom, I need help, it says ‘what word is listed on the top left hand corner of EACH page?’

Mom, I need help, what lesson am I supposed to be on in English?

Hon, I need help, you need to fill out this Kansas Record Check Request form in black ink. I’ll leave it by the computer.

Thanks.

Have you ever tried to fill out a Request for Record form when you just want to go hide your head in a hole? It goes something like this...

Dissemination of criminal history record....MOM, do I have to do this....of the Code of Federal Regulation....Mom, what does it mean by how many meanings?...Kansas Administrative Regulations 10-12-1 et. Seq.....Mom, Sawyer’s not giving me Woody....Title 28 of the Code....I want to skip it, I hate English...with subsequent amendments....MOMMY, I need HELP!....the Requestor acknowledges and consents to the above-stated conditions.....

Acknowledges and consents to WHAT above stated conditions?

Scooter, move over. Momma’s comin’ down.


4 comments:

4HMom said...

aching for you. ugh. Hang in there. When it's done you'll feel so pleased!

Cherie said...

"You're nobunny till somebunny needs you"!
You are definitely needed!

Anonymous said...

Wow- that is really descriptive! We've all had those days, in fact I think I've met you once or twice in the hole! Deep breath, you are so cut out for this! Not many possess the talent you have for the things you do, you are uniquely qualified! They may not know it but they would suffer so much without you, you are the center of their worlds. Visit with the bunny once in awhile too, it's a good reminder that he only gets to eat weeds! There's a feast with your family! Lots of hugs!

Missy said...

I never realized I'd get such encouragement from sharing my woes. Thank you!