Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Less


I'd rather leave, than be left. Georgie and Heather are gone.
When you leave you are looking forward to where you're going, but when you're left there's just less where you are.
Less.
It twisted my heart to turn around while I was driving home from the airport and see the empty carseat.
No fluffy curls.
No munchy cheeks.
No bright blue eyes filled with disdain while she regarded her aunt.
We had some moments together where she settled into being loved by me.
I loved whispering to her about her visit here: Daisy the dog chasing a ball, Sawyer chasing Georgie down the hall, playing with Kiki and Greyson and Uncle Todd.
She stared into space as she remembered it all, one hand absentmindedly stroking the top of Daisy's head.
But now she's gone.

Kiki got some of this...

.

And we all got lots of this.

But now there is Less.

It's a good thing I have a lot to come home to, to cheer me up:
.

Tristan's self-styled hair.
(those aren't tears, just dandelion eyes)
.

Sawyer following in Tristan's footsteps.


And Kidlife. There's always a big bunch of that around here.

4 comments:

4HMom said...

made me cry, then laugh.

Hayley Hays said...

i know the feeling...we have to prepare to experience it soon after matt comes home this summer....

Cherie said...

I agree...being left is not fun.

H said...

sad to leave :( but glad we got to experience your house with a George :)