Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Three Things I Bet You Didn't Know...

From time to time we encounter strange and wondrous things in this country that is not America. And we like to share them with you....


Do you know what a wicket is?


It's a window at a bank.
(I know the sign is blurry, I was too afraid a security guard would swoop down and confiscate my camera if he saw me snapping pictures of the bank).

Remember those little jam packets at restaurants?

Well, in Canada you can get this on the table at a restaurant----

Spreadable caramel, for all your breakfast needs.

And the last thing I bet you didn't know is:

The FBI does NOT know everything.
Can you believe it?
I know, from all the movies that show them with the inside scoop on everything criminal, you'd think they would be the end-all agency for such information.
Not so.
You've seen us getting fingerprints on this blog before. Those were for an FBI clearance.
But now there's a new law!
You have to provide fingerprints and a security check for EVERY state you've ever lived in if you want permanent residency in Canada. The FBI fingerprints are NOT enough.
We've lived in seven states.
You don't want to know how much that costs.
But hey, here's to states' autonomy!


And rolling black ink on your fingers!


For seven sets of these.

0 comments: