Monday, April 14, 2008

All I Want to do is Order a Pizza....

Everything has an added level of difficulty when you are a foreigner. Here's how to order a pizza in our little french neighborhood. I've learned to keep my words as few as possible:


"I have an order for pick-up"
"Oui?"
"Jumbo Cheese Pizza."
"Jimbo? I don't know what'sa jimbo?"
"JUMbo"
"uhhh, jimbo?"
"An 18 inch pizza"
"OH, a JUMbo!"
"Yes."
"Okay! So. You want to order zumting?"
"Cheese, cheese pizza."
"Jumbo?"
"Yes!"

Would it have been less stressful to just go ahead and make dinner? Well, considering the fact that Tristan and Sawyer thought it was a good idea to put duct tape on their bare bellies, I now have to go remove that. Like a band-aid. Only worse.
I'm trying to triage tasks for my energy reserve. Mom's should NOT get sick.

0 comments: