Thursday, March 11, 2010

Through the Lens

You can see a lot through the lens of a camera.  Discoveries are everywhere.  For instance...

Our Christmas lights are falling down.  I suppose if we wait long enough they'll unstring themselves and save us a lot of work.

I was experimenting with the ISO button (I should know what that stands for). Here you can see the last dapples of the winter sun...
Incidentally, remember on The Today Show, or is it Good Morning America, when the hosts are in Times Square and behind them you can see the audience holding up signs and trying to get on camera?

Tristan would be one of those people.

 Sawyer was outside practicing with his Heelys and waiting for Kiki to walk the dog so he could tag along.


 
Here he is noticing that he missed her,

and that she had the audacity to leave without him.

 
Listening to my counsel.


And finding it lacking.

 Really lacking.

 
Life is over.


Really over.

Until the neighbor kids come out to play.

The occasion of neighbor kids coming out to play has headed off many a trauma.

3 comments:

Betsy said...

International Standards Organization = ISO
It has to do with "film" speed, aperture, the amount of light let in.
My Dad is a photographer and taught me that stuff a long time ago, but I had to look up the acronym.
I don't pretend to understand it all and I'm thankful for my filmless digital camera that does all the thinking for me!

Missy said...

Really? I was thinking it was something like Incremental Shutter Optimization. You are SO lucky to have that teaching. I'm learning VERY slowly.

4HMom said...

S-sweet baby boy of Meeps
A-amazing facial expressions
W-wise in his own eyes :(
Y-yield he MUST,or he'll be sadder
E-ever hoping to be a race car driver
R-reawy, reawy precious to his mom and dad and aunties and cousins and grannies and grampies and his pawents' fwiends, and, deep down, even to his bwudders and sistoh.