Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Best Place to Have Pneumonia

This weekend we were supposed to go away for our anniversary and I thought I'd be too sick, but it was either have pneumonia at home or have pneumonia in Lake Placid.  I had my doubts, but after I walked into our room and saw this:


They melted away.

It was a nice big room.

With a kitchen, which we didn't use because...

We could order room service.

I like room service.  With Pumpkin Spice Bread Pudding.

The best thing about the bathroom...

was the heated floor.  I never knew I needed a heated floor, but I'd trade my car for one.

Everywhere you looked, you saw special touches.  Like water with glasses you could use...
and cross-country skis that you couldn't.

I forgot to show you the lobby.  One side, 

And the other.

Wood, everywhere.

And places to sit.  If you look at the couch on the right, you can still see my imprint.  You sit a lot when you have pneumonia.

The way upstairs to the restaurant...

...where we ate all our meals because they were included in the special deal we got.

And Providence had us seated by this huge fireplace, every time!  Perfect.

We took a tour of the grounds and saw the Clubhouse.

Heated pool, with a heated sidewalk that leads alllll the way up to the hotel there, in the background.

Hot tub.  Which we didn't use because pneumonia and outdoor hot tubs don't mix.


Fire pit. Todd.

Clubhouse from the outside, sans Todd.

The grounds were sprinkled with unexpected findings like this lean-to by the lake so you can watch the ice skaters and be protected from the wind.


And unexpected guests.

We were content to spend the whole weekend just in the hotel. You could go exploring and run into...

 an ice cream parlor downstairs.

Movie theater. Todd.

Bowling alley, sans Todd.
We only ventured to town once, and I only found one thing to take a picture of there...

This sign in a PriceChopper Grocery Store window.  Don't you find it oddly specific?
 They're putting pressure on all the other businesses: "Fiction and Non-fiction Books Sold Here" is sure to follow.


It was the best vacation ever.  The perfect place to celebrate 17 years together, pneumonia or sans pneumonia.

7 comments:

H said...

I can't believe it's been 17 years! That looks like the PERFECT lodge to have pneumonia in. I'm glad you had a good time!

Missy said...

I KNOW! It only feels like 5 or 6. Seventeen years sounds like some other couple.

Cherie said...

What a beautiful place! Thanks so much for sharing all the pictures; I'm sorry you were sick, but what a place to lounge around in. I hope you enjoyed it just a little!

It's 45 years for us in September; seems like only yesterday!

Missy said...

Wow, Cherie, 45 years! What a testimony. I love watching beautiful marriages.

Betsy said...

Happy Anniversary! Dennis and I will be 18 yrs. on the 28th. I'll never forget at our wedding you called me A Magazine Bride, in such a cute voice. I can still hear it! And I remember telling you just before you got married that you would soon belong to Todd. And now look at you guys!
And P.S. - You've got me hooked on A Pioneer Woman's blog!!
I spent two days reading her romance story! Too much fun! You could give her a run for her money in the writing department!
How can we get you millions of readers????

Missy said...

Betsy, you are too kind. Isn't Pioneer Woman great? She's the one blog I read every day, I'm hooked too.
I remember those wedding memories too. Are grandchildren memories next? I'm aching for babies, but yyyyyears away!!

4HMom said...

CONGRATULATIONS! BEAUTIFUL place you got to go. REALLY smart to go there instead of stay home, with pneumonia.

Are nu better yet?