Friday, March 5, 2010

Thirty Degrees and S'mores

Oh, how we long for spring.  Until it comes I guess we'll keep enjoying winter.  Day, after day, after day, after day.

March! And Roasting marshmallows.

I have no idea how my camera did this.

But, hey, isn't that my barbecue fork?!
Whatever works.


They were bound and determined to make s'mores.

With Aero bars. Do you have those in the states?

Eating them was a two-handed operation.

Am I going to regret we chose to do this 30 minutes before bedtime?
They're giggling, they're piercing the air with screams of joy.
Was it worth it?



Oh, yes.

2 comments:

hylytylr said...

You made me want a smore. Brent taught me how to gently melt the chocolate on top of the graham cracker while the marshmallow is getting roasted, so that the chocolate squishes and oozes and is mushy like the marshmallow when you bite it. I never liked smores before I tried that...now I think they're to die for!

I've seen Aero bars here a few times, but usually in novelty candy shops. Are they any good?

Missy said...

HOW do you gently melt the chocolate? Aero bars are standard fare here. They're okay. Their big claim to fame is that instead of solid dense chocolate, it is perforated by thousands of tiny holes or pores so it has a unique bubbling sensation when you eat it. Kind of.