Thursday, April 23, 2009

Kids Are Smarter Than Moms Sometimes


Tristan's curls hurt when you comb them.
No matter how gentle I am, he always yelps in pain.

But I know a secret.

I have inside information that some of you moms might be really glad to have:

When my sister's kids were on a synchronized swimming team, the moms had to comb and comb and braid and gel every girls' hair on the team. If they did their OWN girl's hair there was a lot of whining, complaining, and "OW!"ing. Once the kids switched to a mom not their own, all of that stopped.

The logical conclusion of course is to have a stranger comb out your kid's hair.
OR you can try what I did:

"Can you be brave while I comb your hair? Like a Super Hero? Do you think Superman would cry when he got his hair combed?"
"No, because he can't be hurt." returned Tristan.
blast those superheroes.

1 comments:

Betsy said...

Hey, Missy, have you ever tried skipping shampoo altogether and just using conditioner? My friend with very curly hair taught me that a long time ago and I go for weeks without shampoo. She said curly hair tends to be drier than straight and needs the moisture. I have straight hair and just using conditioner works for me, too. I don't get product build-up and my hair doesn't get greasy and it looks and smells just as good as when I shampoo, but it is softer, easier to comb.