Monday, July 7, 2008

Should'a Walked

Greyson and Tristan are old enough to go to church camp. Sawyer is not. But he got to go along for the ride to drop them off. The trouble was, on the way home, they shut down the street. The WHOLE street. They do that here, with no detours and no warning. So everyone using that main artery had to find tiny little side streets that led to their destination. And the whole island was going OUR way, of course.
After about 2 hours, Sawyer piped up and said, "Mom, can I just walk home?"

I wish we could have! Would'a been faster. To put a little joy in our day, we stopped and got some Smarties.
"Why aren't you eating your Smarties?" I asked Sawyer.
"I'm waiting until we get home. I'm going to have Smarties for lunch."
"What about a sandwich?"
"No, I don't like a sandwich, just Smarties and soda."

So he did. He put his Smarties in the soda. (And had half a sandwich)

It's a good thing God made moms, or Sawyer would be:
dropped off at the hotdog place
walking 30 miles home
eating candy and soda for meals
getting a car and driving it
and so many other crazy things he thinks he can really do.
It's a good thing God made a Sawyer too.

1 comments:

Hayley Hays said...

Poor little kiddo. I would have wanted to walk with him. I would have had smarties and hot cocoa for lunch after a day like that.