Thursday, May 8, 2008

What Seemed Like a Good Idea...

We are not yard people. We inherited what gardens we have now and they just keep growing without any oversight. And so do the dandelions. Our yard is so full of them that I've given up pulling them out one by one. Herbicide is banned here and I am loathe to use it anyway. So I thought it would be a good idea to have the kids pluck off the yellow dandelion heads. I offered to pay them a penny a head. Tristan was the only one who took me up on it. This turned out to be NOT such a good idea for him.

What's wrong with Tristan?

He's allergic to dandelions.

We find this out after he's picked 200 or so, and gotten their white milk all over his hands...thus his face... and his neck... and his scalp. Fortunately, I had some of his prescription eye drops ready. That and a little Benadryl and he was good to go.

So Greyson and Kiki will inherit this job. And now we know why Tristan had to have those eye drops in the first place. Poor little guy.

2 comments:

H said...

so sad! i'm glad you know now, though

Still Enjoying the Journey said...

So sad ... at least he earned a couple bucks ... but was it worth it? he he he he