Saturday, April 24, 2010

Laying Around Eating Bonbons

If you've been reading posts here lately you know that I'm on doctor's orders to convalesce, but that doesn't mean I'm laying around on the couch eating bonbons.

Or am I?

 We bought this book from Scholastic.  It's a DK book, so you know it's good quality. I wanted it to inspire Kiki in the kitchen since she is so visual.

And inspire, it did!

She was able to make these all on her own. No help from me;
I was in bed.

Waiting for my bonbons to be served.


She's picked out 3 recipes to make already--she's making these next. She said, "Mom, I should make one of these a day!"

Why, yes. Yes you should.

And even though it's a cookbook made for girls, it certainly would not insult the intelligence of an adult.

unless you turn to the craft section...

...and observe the Top tip!
But I think that "tip" would insult anyone's intelligence.
 It's rather obvious. Or demanding, depending on your take on it.

 They have the "see inside this book" feature on Amazon, so you can see if it's for you. Overall, I'm glad we got this cookbook. In her words: "It has good recipes, it's creative."  There ya' go. 
It's fun to see her excited about cooking. And at least something's getting done around here.

Speaking of things getting done,  I give you--

The Laundry Basket that Swallowed a Boy.

Everyone is helping out, pitching in.

Conquering mountains.

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Yumrific!! Kiki, those look soooo good!!

Praying you will get well soon, Missy!

Missy said...

Thanks, Betsy! Hey, I just realized this was a sugar and spice post. But you're looking for some sugar and spice in your own household, right? How long do you have to wait?

4HMom said...

Sweet, loving kids of a sick mom! Tell Kiki I really like her beautiful-looking mints.

4HMom said...

"craninvi"

Craninvi is the trouble caused by serving OceanSpray juice boxes to your kids out of the variety pack. "You got cran-raspberry!? I got cran-peach. MOM! I want cran-raspberry like SHE has."