Thursday, April 22, 2010

Drawing Class

I saw him trying to drag a blue chair, a red box, and a white lid out the front door.
"What are you doing?"
"I"m going in the front, to draw."

It's a good thing we're the kind of family that keeps a spare pizza box around for adjusting desk heights.
Do you think the neighbors think we're weird? Or just resourceful?

Spring has just begun to sprung in our neck of the woods.  And he was inspired to capture it.

I'm framing this.

How do you interpret purple flowers?

Pretty good.
( I told you those clean fingernails wouldn't last long)

I love the way the light shines through these leaves.

I'd say the color is spot on.

 A gaping mouth was integral to the process. Why do we do this? Someone ought to do a study.

Here's Mr. Robin. We call him ours. He came down to hunt for worms, undaunted by the going's on.  He's such a friendly little thing.

Jaunty.  Do you think anyone would dare to cross you if you stood your ground like that? This is what I feel like doing when someone tries to merge ahead of me in traffic. Except I'm in a car. So they wouldn't see me. So never-mind.
Don't robins have such spindly legs for all their fluff?

I think he knows we're talking about him behind his back.


He does.

7 comments:

Betsy said...

Oh, Missy! You're so funny!


supen - taking dinner...with a friend. I'm supen with Missy tonight. (I wish that were true!)

Cherie said...

Precious child, and precious mother to catch all these wonderful moments.
I have a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes...how I wish Elizabeth and Jake could have had you (or a mommy like you)! I try to make up for it when I can...but I'm not mommy.

Missy said...

I understand, I do, I do! God's going to step in and use you in ways you can't imagine, you'll see it years down the road. Beauty for ashes!

Missy said...

Me too, Betsy!

4HMom said...

I want to know how Todd likes this when he sees it. Has Sawyer done anything like this before? it is such a compliment to his dad, don't you think? Not to speak of what a great job he did at the sketches! Tell Sawyer I think he is very talented and the flower sketches/pastels are wonderful.

Missy said...

If only 'twas so. I take them outside to draw sometimes for school. Seeing Sawyer doing it on his own really tickled Todd, he can see loads of talent, it amazes him. The kids see daddy drawing less since he started directing.

4HMom said...

Just peaking to see if you answered my comment and got a good verification word:

"fulacal" - Well, I just about AM fulacal with the way the gov wants to ratify gay marriage!