Friday, February 26, 2010

Vicariously

Welcome to the "Indoor Lesson Skateboard Park", as so christened by Sawyer.  You can see the cool lego guy there, at the counter, center, and the stack of gigantic money to the right of it.  I'd hate to have to handle those bills. I have enough trouble with the regular sized ones in my own wallet.

Supplies.

And this is where all the action takes place.
Breathtaking, isn't it?
I mean, really.  Think about being lego size and having to tackle that ramp.  And attempting a grind on that, that, box.
Good job, Sawyer.
He's been asking every hour of every day when we get to go. Poor kid finally had to make his own.
Here are some more things he's been doing lately:

Only Human
We were discussing our new bunny and had this conversation--
Kiki:  He's not afraid of humans
Sawyer:  Is he afraid of me?
Mom:  No, he's not afraid of kids.
Sawyer:  Am I a human, Mom?

Who's Calling?
Sawyer heard me answer the phone and then hang up.
Sawyer:  Who was it?
Me:  Wrong Number.
Sawyer: (in incredulous tone) His name was Wrong Number?!

Empty Noggin?
We were talking about how tall we all measured and Tristan claimed he was 5 feet tall so we had to compare him to Daddy.  Sawyer must have gotten age and height mixed up because he proclaimed: "Guys, Dad is 44, and Mom is 45."  Kiki replied, "Sawyer!  We are talking about how TALL Dad is, not how OLD he is!
What is going on inside of your little brain?!"
"NOTHING."  he retorted.

Age Wins
Sawyer was trying to finagle a trip to the Skateboard Park and had already talked to Daddy about it.  Next, he came to me and asked if we could go.  I said I didn't think so because Daddy had already said no.
"How old are you Mom?"  he asked.
"Forty-Five"
"How old is Dad?"
"Forty-Four"
"Well, aren't you older?" he reasoned.  
In a kid's economy the oldest one wins.





2 comments:

Betsy said...

I'm so glad you're writing this stuff down!

Missy said...

Mckenna is the one who is taking notes.