Thursday, February 11, 2010

Somebody Turned Nine....

Early Morning Loot.

Surveying the Field.

Scarey Cat.
just had to throw this one in here

Birthday Cake with Arm.

If you haven't guessed it by now, we had a birthday.  Tristan's birthday.  He ordered an Ice Cream Birthday Cake and I tried my best to oblige.  I smushed two different flavors of ice cream into a pyrex with a layer of caramel sauce in between.  And topped it with crushed Oreos and whipped cream.
It tasted really good.
He wanted M&M's on his, but they were too much for me.  Doesn't cold, hard, chocolate bother you?  So those got scraped off.

The caramel sauce I found at the store was perfect for an ice cream cake.  And confusing at the same time.  Have you ever seen this?
I think they use it here as some kind of breakfast condiment.  
Quebecois please enlighten.

You can't beat the simple ingredients though, so I took a chance and bought it.  It turned out to have the consistancy of peanut butter and it was not glisteny or stringy like you'd think a caramel spread would be.
I'm not sure what it's supposed to be used for.
But it was perfect for ice cream.

If you don't take away anything else from the post today, just remember this...


He's watching you.

0 comments: