Friday, February 12, 2010

An Ear For It...

After blogging about the kids' exploits for two years, you think I would have developed an ear for good material. Case in point:  Tristan comes in the backdoor with a determined face, strips off his gloves and announces, "Mom, we need hot water.  We need HOT water."
"Okay.." I answer distractedly as I type away on another post at the computer.  "Just turn it all the way to hot and wait a little bit..."  I can see a few moments later that he is carrying a mug outside.
Why am I not wondering what he is doing?
I don't even notice when he walks back in and rummages around under the sink, until he raises an old bottle and asks, "Mom, do you use this?"
I turn around to evaluate the item in question.
"Wait. Yes. You don't want to put hot water in that.  Put hot water in this," I say as I walk over to the sink and hand him an old pitcher.
As I make my way back to the computer he explains, "We're saving the tiger, he's trapped in the ice. It's so cool."
Finally, my this-is-post-worthy brain kicks into gear and I race to put my boots and coat on. Where's the camera, where's the camera?  I reach the back door just as everyone is tromping in-- The triumphant return with tiger in tow.
Too late.
Sigh.
Blogging has kept me from blogging.
I have no play-by-play pictures of the event and so I give you:
 Tiger. Post ice.  
Buddy, I'd feel the same way if I were you.

0 comments: