Monday, December 14, 2009

Snow Hat

"MOM, can we go to the library?"
It's just up the street. And it's useless to us because it houses volume after volume of French literature. But it also boasts another attraction.

Sledding hills.


Someone played out in the snow for 4 hours today.



With just a mug or two of hot chocolate, he'll be good as new.

I always dreamed my kids would expend this kind of energy on cleaning their rooms.

Because I was raising them to work hard.

Something went wrong somewhere.
They play a LOT harder than they work.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

The work of water is bubbles!
Day is the job of sun.
Green is the business of gardens,
and the duty of children
is fun!
Joan Walsh Anglund

But Elisabeth Elliot said the other day in her daily devotion, which you got me started reading daily, that children should and need to work, and not for money, but because they are part of the family and he who does not work, does not eat!

I guess I agree with Joan and Elisabeth!

Missy said...

Well said, Betsy!
My word is "inest". This is the email clutter that pregnant women feel compelled to purge before their baby comes.