Monday, December 7, 2009

The Return of the Christmas Calendar

It's back. Earlier this week I went to the hobby store and picked out suitable surprise toys and went to the bulk store and picked out interesting candies. I wonder what the cashier thought, as she checked out bag after bag of four-candy-each purchases? I only needed 4 gummy worms, 4 malt balls, 4 red zingers, 4 peach fizzies....if she thought I was weird, at least I didn't pull bacon out of my purse.


When you're doing the Calendar, choosing the candy is the easy part. Picking out toys is a little harder to gauge. Ideally, they come in a four pack, are small enough to fit in a pocket, and you have to be able to see your kids getting a least one day's mileage out of them.


These sticky snakes lasted several days because you could do things like this with them:

AND they shot across the room like giant rubber bands, AND they swam in makeshift pools on the kitchen table, AND they made great cat toys. Which sadly led to their demise.


Tristan, you're not peeking are you?!


Sawyer, you would never peek, right?

0 comments: