Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Making the Best of It....

Who's under that hat, sweeping off the deck?

Santa hats make any job more fun.
I think people working in customer service should be required to wear them year round. Or people working in any service capacity that involves long lines and short tempers. The DMV? Insurance companies? But that's usually done over the phone. So, maybe instead of informing you that "this conversation may be recorded", they should start by saying, "this conversation may take place while I wear a Santa Hat".
That would start things off on the right foot.

Tristan ran in from shoveling off the deck to inform us all that....


The geese are back.

If you were a goose, would you honk when you fly? I wonder what it means. Is it jubilation? Or is it yelling? Move over! Get out of the way!!
Maybe the geese need Santa hats too.

3 comments:

4HMom said...

Missy, this is one of your BEST works ever.

I thought the geese fly SOUTH for winter. When did they leave and why do you think they came back?

"partilli" -- from an interview of an elderly lady, who spoke VERY slowly and (seemingly) thoughtfully, about some hamburger joint in a commercial I saw when I was about 10 years old, "Aah laack da hambogos and da freeyunch fraas, and Aah partilli laack da hambogos." My best friend's big brother LOVED to mock that part of the commercial.

Missy said...

ah, yes. What that meant was, and confusingly so, that the Geese are back-- flying South. They only make their presence known when they're on their way out.
I remember that! And now I know how to pronounce 'partilli', it always evaded me.

Betsy said...

You girls are so funny!