Saturday, August 1, 2009

They're in the Trees..

Yes, being a mom is the hardest job in the world, but when I think of the endless piles of laundry, and the endless hours of homeschooling ahead of me, I'm suddenly reminded that someday it will end. And THESE are the simple moments I'll remember.

Just a slice of everydayness that I'll want to grasp after it's slipped through my fingers years from now. He has no idea my heart is aching to scoop him up and squeeze him in two.
.

Of course I had to go back and take a picture of him in the trees.
.

This tree was hiding a surprise.
.

Every time he reached for a good limb, a rush of mosquitoes came forth to feed.
He named it the Mosquito Feast Tree.
.

We quickly found one more suitable.
.

One that everyone could climb.
.

No mosquitoes allowed.

0 comments: