Friday, August 7, 2009

Living Up to His Name...


"Mom can I help you clean the bathroom?" asked Sawyer.
"Sure!"
"What can I do?"
"You can clean the shower."
He happily entered the shower and began spraying and scrubbing away with his nifty tools. These contented sounds soon attracted another sibling.
"Hey, Sawyer, what are you doing?" asked Tristan.
No answer.
"Sawyer, I'll point to the dirt and you spray."
No response.
"Wait, Sawyer, let me help. You spray for a little while and then I'll spray for a little while."
"No."
"Sawyer, it's not fair. You do half and then let me do half."
This scene reminded me so much of Tom Sawyer painting the fence that I had to laugh to myself.
I'm not sure if Sawyer ever acquiesced, but the shower got as clean as two boys fighting over it can get.

0 comments: