Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School...

It's the first day of school and we're off to a rip-roaring start. The kids are playing games until breakfast is done. Breakfast is late. Technically, school doesn't start until next week. But we're trying to work ahead so we can take a trip. So it's not really that bad that we're getting a late start today, is it?

This is what they're doing, and this is what you hear:
"This is better, if you want to buy THIS, than you have to put, uh, this in there and you get one of these and this.-- OKAY, I'm buying a hotel, I'm buying a hotel-- and you also get to skip past go--who-hoo!!-- lowest card, did you put down a six-- there, you put it on that, and if I go on that then I have to give you, sixteen dollars!!-- yaaaaa!-- yahh, I win, I win, I win-I win-I win.-- four, five, six, seven-- DAISY! GO!-- she's a POOCH,--singing: give me the cards, give me the cards before I smack your little bum-- ok, all's in order-- you can't play here-- I"m not playing-- okay then get AWAY--I'm not playing-- AWAY stinky people!!!-- BUZZER'S RINGING!--Breaaaaaakfast!"

1 comments:

Betsy said...

Flexibility is one of the beauties of home schooling.