Thursday, June 11, 2009

What They Do While I'm Sick in Bed....


Seven children here, and I lie sick in bed. They had to make lunch and they documented it for me...


It takes two to make brownies. Everything is going smoothly until.....toing!
.

Only one small mishap.
.

Mission accomplished. Oh, and here is what the lunch looked like...
.

just after they finished prayer. Except for Sawyer's plate....
.

Sawyer's plate looked like this just after the blessing. I surmise closing his eyes and folding his hands was overlooked for the deliciousness set before him.
.

A while later I heard a commotion in the hallway. What are they doing, I wondered. I peeked out the bedroom door and found an office. I think it was a vet's office, or a hospital. Maybe both. Patients were coming and going, it was difficult to tell.
.

They had to confiscate things from all over the house to set up their very important workplace.
.

And if you needed a haircut after you got your broken arm set in a cast, the receptionist could set you right up for that....
.

First, pick your hairstyle....
.

Then sit down in the chair....
.

"Come into my parlor, said the spider to the fly."
.

The look on his face says it all. You see this look a lot when a big sister is involved.
.

The whole group, polished and styled.
.

Little brothers so seldom experience what it's like to be pampered.

3 comments:

Darlene said...

You're a sweet mom to let your kids have friends over while you're sick in bed. Yours is the fun house!

Missy said...

Well, lest I look too much like "the fun house" I'll just point out that I got sick after they were already here for an overnight babysitting time. But thanks for the confidence!

Betsy said...

I want to play with your kids!!! They have so much fun! All I ever did was turn my tricycle upside down and pretend I was the ice cream man! Oh, and I loved dress up! My Daddy didn't call me Seven Dresses for nothing. And just about anything could be a microphone in my hands...
I guess I had SOME fun as a kid! But I'd still like to hear one of your kids singing, "See see my playmate, come out and play with me."