Saturday, June 6, 2009

The New Candy


I'm so glad that my kids don't hover over the candy aisle in the grocery store, instead they run to the deli because I say, "yes, you can get a fruit cup". That is the new treat. They still ask for candy. Usually Stride gum, or Tic Tacs. But they've been told "no" so many times that bartering for the fruit cup is more profitable. Sadly, these fruit cups only tasted good half way, then the chemical sprinkled on for freshness kicked in and the kids got grossed out. So did I! Why did I give in and say they could have them? I think it was joy that they weren't asking for candy and seemed sooooooooo happy to have a cup of fruit.



Do you remember that thrill of happiness zinging through you when you found out Mom said YES to any request in the store? It's one of those magical moments we don't experience as adults anymore. Just in Kidlife.

0 comments: