Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Tale of Two Brothers


Although this may look like a surprised face, this is a working face.
Tristan, what are you working on?
.
.

Hmmm. A crowbar and some old wood.
You must be....
.
.

Pulling out old nails!
.
.

I see Greyson is working too.
Why the sour face, Greyson? Are you upset that Tristan
is infringing on your territory?
.
.

But Tristan is such a hard worker. Can't he help you?
.
.

I see you are working hard too. Surveying the situation.

Greyson prefers to work sitting down.
.
.

It's a contest now. Who can fill the bucket first?
.
.

Who knew that pulling nails could inspire such enthusiasm?
.
.

Greyson was waylaid a little later in the day.
He was forced to take a break.
.
.

See this?
Doesn't this just scream Tetanus?
My mother's heart told me it was going to happen.
.
.

And it did. Despite everything I could do to prevent it.

Sister added the loving touch with the post-it note.
.
.

Greyson is going to get a tetanus shot today.
It's been 10 years since his last one.
.
.

How do you feel about that, Greyson?
.
.

There's a lotta rusty nails out there in the world. It's a constant quandary for a mom--avoid the risk or let them try their skills?
The only thing I know for sure is that they'll do better with really hard-soled shoes.

1 comments:

Betsy said...

Hey Greyson, I know the pain! I did that when I was your age while I was shooing flies off horses. I left a trail of blood from the barn to the house.
Which hurt more? The nail or the shot?
Good motherly advice too late: Be careful!!1 (Tim Hawkins)