Thursday, January 22, 2009

Why Do I Keep Trying This Recipe?

I bake every day, but I wouldn't call myself a "Baker".
And this is why:

Kind of like you cook everyday, but don't call yourself a "Cook" because the idea lends an air of proficiency that maybe is not there?
This is what the Raspberry Muffin recipe looked like going in: so much promise.

Non-health minded individuals can tune out here for about 5 seconds and I promise you won't miss anything.
I tried to break down the phytates by soaking the whole grain flour in an acid medium because I've learned this makes the nutrients more absorbable.
Yes, these muffins had more nutrients, but you had to eat them with a spoon. So somethin' still ain't right.
TUNE IN HERE- There is something so yummy about brown sugar and raspberries that I'm going to keep trying these every month or so, when I've forgotten how much time they take and the probability that they'll work. Muffin roulette.

4 comments:

Cherie said...

Maybe instead of calling them raspberry muffins, you could just call it raspberry cake, or better yet, "Raspberry surprise" and put a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. It looks yummy!

Missy said...

Good idea, I'll do it in a 9x13 next time. Thanks Cherie!

4HMom said...

lllllllllllllllllll muffin roulette!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cherie's suggestion is perfect -- Raspberry Surprise. I'm giggling and serious at the same time.

"preti" small and beautiful

Darlene said...

Hey, I'M tuned in! When time is short, or I'm lazy, we have muffin cake for breakfast. The kids are happy w/ just the name.

Did you use spelt flour by chance? I always have to add more flour when I use spelt.

"xygicarb" - a new diet trend