Monday, November 17, 2008

The Unthinkable......

It's not even Thanksgiving, and we've pulled out our Christmas decorations (collective gasp). I am a firm believer in the fact that you gyp Thanksgiving if you do that. And I cringe walking through the stores past piles of Christmas trappings displayed in October. You just can't decorate for Christmas until AFTER Thanksgiving.
But, we don't have the U.S. Thanksgiving here. sniff, sniff. And when we try to have it, everybody else is at work (including Daddy) and it's business as usual out on the streets. So it never FEELS like Thanksgiving. And the only good thing about that is the freedom to pull out Christmas decorations before December. It's a small good thing, and a little bit sad, good thing. But a good thing, none-the-less, because we get to enjoy Christmas for two extra weeks. (But if you had to vote to skip Thanksgiving for that? Yeah. I didn't think so.)
So here we go-
Daddy started by telling the kids that he was thinking of just having a Christmas pole this year...

.

We put on Christmas Radio (cool Internet site that lets you choose the styles of songs and play Christmas music 24/7 all year long. And no, we don't do that). Greyson assembled the tree this year.
.

This was the cue for the cats to show up. They always do, don't they?!
.

Daddy made a fire, and Kiki found Daisy's Christmas collar.
.
I started to make brownies, was short 3 eggs and had to run to the store.
"Are you making egg brownies?" Sawyer asked suspiciously. He hates it when I try new things.
.
But they turned out to every one's satisfaction. Sawyer served and all the kids got "coffee".
.
.
The night ended with a surprise. Tristan found a left over goodie from last year in the toe of his stocking. He was actually food savvy enough to throw it in the trash. We were all glad it wasn't Sawyer that found it.
The tree is done. But I don't have the heart to blog it until the true date for such things: The day after Thanksgiving. Let me know when you all have it.

3 comments:

H said...

makes me jealous enough to want to get MY stuff out. But I can't anyways until a whole week after Thanksgiving because I am having a non-Christmas party at my house :(

Angela said...

Mike and I just realized we get a free turkey from the grocery store because we spent some insane amount of money there. And I thought, yeah, I love the U.S.! We miss Canada, but they never gave us a free turkey! :)

Missy said...

I forgot about free turkeys! OOh, I miss the US.