Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's Never Too Early to Teach Them History....

We discussed politics around the dinner table last night. And we tried to impart the importance of this election. After discussing both candidates I was curious to know how much Sawyer had absorbed.
"Sawyer, who IS the President?"
"Tristan?" he answered.
Hmm. Let's try something else.
"Are you Canadian, or American?"
"Canadian?" he answered.
"NO. We live here, but where are you from?" I queried.
"A hotel?"
About this time, Tristan had had enough and yelled across the room in his best big brother voice:
"SAWYER, the President is GEORGE WASHINGTON!"

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha!! I can so relate. Yesterday morning when we saw the election results my kids cheered. "Yay! The one we wanted is President!" They cannot get the name Barak Obama out of their heads, no matter what I tell them. "No honey, I voted for Chuck Baldwin." This statement has no effect on them.

Maybe Obama's name itself has hypnotic powers.