Friday, November 21, 2008

Better Than Radio....



I seldom turn on the radio while we're riding in the van because I would miss out on conversations like this:
Tristan, trying to get Sawyer to sing Jingle Bells the right way:
"Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, jingle all the way. Say THAT."
Sawyer tries: "Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle bells all the way."
"NO. Jingle bells, jingle bells, JINGLE all the way! Say it. Say that!"
"Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle bells all the way?"
After about five exchanges like this, Sawyer begins to lose heart and mom steps in:
"Guys, he's doing good for a four year old. He will be able to do it when he's bigger."
Sawyer expresses a deep felt wish:
"I want to be bigger. I'm going to get bigger than Tristan, and Greyson, and Kiki."
"Sawyer, you'll NEVER be bigger than us," replies Boss Girl.
"Yes I will. I'm going to eat and eat and eat, and then I'll get bigger," argues Sawyer.
Tristan enlightens us all: "Sawyer, you can't get bigger until your birthday."
"I'll get bigger on my birthday?!" Sawyer says excitedly.
That settles the argument for now, and we tool happily on our way with Sawyer looking forward to December 10th, where he'll miraculously grow several inches.

0 comments: