Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Faith My Children Have In Me....

I am constantly amazed at how much my children think I know. Take for instance, this conversation I just had with Sawyer:

"Mom, I need a thing"
"What kind of thing?"
"Remember?....That bear movie with the guy?....And he had that thing that he shook with dirt and it turned into another thing?..."

Aha. So now we take a tour of the kitchen with me offering up several "things" and none of them meeting the need. I finally figured out a jar would do.

Sawyer came in triumphantly about 30 minutes later after some strenuous work.

"I DID IT!"

"That's so cool! What do you call that thing?" I asked him.
"I call it....watergrassdirt."
Good name.


I still have no idea what movie, or what guy, or what "thing" he was trying to reproduce. But I'm so proud of his labors.

0 comments: