Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Study in Classical Music


"This is my favorite one," I heard them say. I knew they were watching a Warner Brother's video. I wondered if their favorite one was my favorite one when I was a kid.
"Is it the barbershop?" I yelled into the living room, "where he's slapping him on the head with his ears?"
.

Yep. I was so glad they'd inherited this valuable piece of history.
.

Not to mention the classical music background: The Marriage of Figaro. Did you know? I knew.
Because it's written on the cartoon sign in the end.
.

Now here is something you can walk away with. This previous era of animation is one looked upon as never to be repeated. There were 9 old men known as... The Nine Old Men.... that could draw like nobody's business. They created works that are unequaled today. Nowadays animation is shipped overseas to sweat shops and cranked out with little skill. I think the kids can tell. I think if given a choice, they'd like this better.
And I'm so happy to pass it down.

1 comments:

4HMom said...

YES! Loved those cartoons. And when the hold-still kind came, I was very disappointed with them.

My earliest memories of classical music is from what I heard on Bugs Bunny. I was surprised later to find out how many masterpieces they used in their cartoons.