Tuesday, October 13, 2009

His Chosen Career


A couple of times this week Sawyer has called me from across the room with an urgent question. Both times it has been the same urgent question. And since it usually takes a few tries to get my attention it usually goes something like this:
"Mom? Mom. Mom! Mommy!!"
"YES?"
"Mom, can I grow up to be a skate-board guy that does tricks, and a race car player?"
"What is a race car player?"
"It's a race and they drive to win. If you do skateboard tricks will you get money?"
"It depends on how good you are."
"If you keep doing, if you go at skateboard tricks (not finding the right words)... Is skateboard tricks a job?"
"It can be, if you get really, really good".
"I'm gonna get really, really good."

Wouldn't it be nice if mom's permission was all it took to be a skate board guy that does tricks, and a race car player? Such a simple economy in Sawyer's world.
We all should live there.

1 comments:

4HMom said...

Very cute post.

"heable" -- My friend from MinneSAHtah told me she wasn't heable to come see me this year, DAHNchaNAH.