Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sawyer Night

I dropped all the kids off for the birthday party. When I got home I found that Sawyer had wasted no time after the family had left in telling Daddy "Let's go to Dairy Cream now."
So they did. Daddy biked with Sawyer in the bike seat. But now it was time to start the real Sawyer Night.....


All the kids were gone to a sleepover. The van was empty. Wait! There's a Sawyer back there. I think he needs a slushy for Sawyer Night.
"It's wed, (red) Mom."


We decided to show Daddy the wonderful wildlife refuge we've been going to.
Daddy: It feels like we're going into Jurassic Park.


Although it was Sawyer's job to show Daddy the way, it was just too hard to drink a slushy and lead at the same time. So he was always just behind us, minding his drink.


At the lake shore we saw a crayfish. And then the camera died. We missed the shot of holding the crayfish and seeing the eggs it was laying. And we missed the shot of 200 caterpillars doing a mating dance. (really! I'm never risking low batteries again!)
When we got home, Sawyer got to fall asleep listening to Daddy and I practice music for church the next day. It was a good Sawyer Night.

0 comments: