Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Welcome to Grandma's House....


Fall is in the air. The yard looks just a little different than the last time we were here.
.


Bright green.
.

Bushes are full.
.

Leafy.
.

I couldn't tell you what these are, but they're pretty.
.

Berries are everywhere. OrangeRed ones....
.

Cherry Red ones,
.

And strange EasterEgg Purple ones.
.

Have you ever seen these?
It's the crayon I had high hopes for when I pulled it out of the crayola box.
But on a berry, it's a bit disconcerting.
.

Whoa. Looky there.
.

I'm glad I saw that before I brushed up against it in a game of hide-n-go-seek.
.

This picture here, is where I want to live.
Self-contained, peaceful, simple, with a promise of things to come.
But you don't have to go around the bend if you don't want to. It will always be there waiting for you.
Wouldn't that be nice?
.
Life is never as pictured.

1 comments:

Betsy said...

Looks like you need to go over the meadow and through the woods to get to grandmother's house! And I can just picture a horse and sleigh there. What a setting!

I learned LaCrosse in Jr. High and the gym teacher had us run up and down the gym, swinging our sticks left and right fast so that gravity would keep that ball in the basket, to the sounds of The Supremes. Baby love my baby love I need you oh how I need your love. It was fun!!

drouterm - a long period without water, often experience by those living in Southern California.