Friday, August 15, 2008

Sawyer's First Conversation This Morning....

"Mom, do I have to get married?"
"No."
"I don't want to get married."
"Why?"
"Because I don't want to kiss like this (Gone With the Wind Romantic Kiss mime), I just want to kiss like this (touching two fingers together to mimic a peck)."
Tristan interrupts- "Sawyer, if you don't get married then you'll never have a wife and kids and everything and you'll just die."
Sawyer - "Am I going to die?"
"Yes, someday. Everyone dies. But first you have to get old."
Tristan- "And then you get to go to heaven. Do you go to heaven first, or do you go to the New Earth first?"
"You're in heaven before God makes the new earth."
"Is it going to be just like this one?"
"Kind of, but much, much, better and with no sin."
"NO SIN!? Yaaaaaaay!"
Tristan skipped off content with this conclusion, and Sawyer left halfway through the conversation satisfied that marriage was at least a few years away.

1 comments:

Trisha said...

I LOVE these kinds of conversations...and I LOVE that you can retell them so well!!